We’ve just restored this lovely 18th century chest of drawers (with later handles). It came to us with splits in the top and sides and missing pieces of veneer on the drawers. These issues were addressed and the dull polish was revived – the result can be seen, a great transformation!
This lovely trunk was stored in a garage for many years. The surface was very dull and faded, also many of the mounts were lifting. Once the brass work was secured, we carefully cleaned the woodwork and brass. A traditional oil finish was used to achieve the final result. Now the trunk is ready to be admired once again!
We have recently completed the restoration of a set of lovely marquetry chairs. They had various pieces of marquetry missing along with loose joints and scratches etc. Now completely restored to their former glory and ready for use again. A wonderful project to work on!
We don’t paint furniture as a rule but this project was a very different proposition. Our client had a Scandinavian chest of drawers which had an original faux finish on the outside. The client wanted to place it on the landing in such a way that the back would be visible and we were asked if we could copy the faux finish onto the back. We attached thin plywood (which can be easily removed) and our expert polisher Andrea Marshall was able to work her magic. The result is one very happy customer!
There is always such a transformation when chairs and chair seats are recovered. Through contacts with local upholsterers we are able to arrange for everything from just a re-cover of the existing upholstery to a complete strip out and start from new. These chairs have had their drop in seats recover with new padding added. We also revived the polish removing any scratches etc and the result is a lovely set of dining chairs (eight in total).
It is a privilege to work on quality pieces such as this gilt mirror. The top section was broken and there were various chips on the frame. The damaged sections were gilded and coloured – now ready to display again!
We have just completed the full restoration of this pond yacht. Completely refinished in its original coloured paintwork, we also made new sails and fitted new rigging. Now ready to take pride of place on display – a lovely project to work on!
We have completed the restoration of a pair of decorative panels with gilt mouldings and swaggs. Parts of the decoration were missing so moulds were taken from the original and plaster copies made. These were then gilded/coloured and polished to match the original. Finally the existing decoration was carefully cleaned and the background repainted. A great project to work on.
These commissions are the best – bringing something back to life. After being stored in a garage for many years this Davenport is now ready to bring joy to the client’s home. There were cracks and missing pieces of veneer but after repairing the damage and re-polishing the whole piece, this lovely Davenport has been given a new lease of life!
We have just restored this lovely Victorian mahogany telescope. The cylinder was cracked and broken as was the mahogany case. Once repaired the telescope and case was re-finished using traditional shellac/french polish and are now ready for display.