So pleased the way these chairs have turned out. They required a full restoration as well as being re-upholstered. Some of the carving was damaged particularly on the top rails and some of the joints were loose. The woodwork was re-finished using traditional shellac polish. All in all a great project to work on!
Like many small businesses we are carefully emerging from the Coronavirus Lockdown. It has been a difficult few months but we are doing the best we can to stay safe and keep our customers safe. Slowly the workshop is filling up again and we look forward to welcoming old and new clients alike.
We have just finished restoring this lovely rosewood writing box. Some stringline decoration was missing and the leather inside had to be replaced. Having been re-polished, it is now back to its former glory ready for display!
This is what we do best…. The client had one drawer stolen as part of a robbery and we were asked to make a replacement for this unique dressing table (part shown). Not only did we have to match the veneer but also the colour. We’re very happy with the result – just got to make a replacement leather pull and it’s done!
Just in time for Christmas we finished this beautiful ‘plum pudding’ card table. The original polish was opaque and faded along with a split in the top. Now re-polished it looks stunning with the beauty of the original veneer showing through.
This windsor chiar had been stored in a barn for many years. After being carefully cleaned and colour put back into the tired wood. It was then re-finished with a traditiona oil and finally wax polished. A wonderful transformation!
This farmhouse table had been stored in a barn for many years. It was cleaned and re-finished using traditional oil and finally wax polish. The top still retains the character of its previous use but now glows with colour and shine.
We have just completed the restoration of this mahogany long case clock. The case had missing sections of veneer and the polish was dirty and in poor condition. Also the fretwork in the hood was missing and this had to be replaced. Now fully restored it is ready to brighten up anyone’s home!